The rider eligibilty and selection criteria for the North East Road, Track and MTB Teams for the 2016 Inter Regional Championships and UK School Games can be found below;
• Applicants must to be British Cycling members from the Youth A (born 2001 / 2000) or Youth B (born 2002 / 2001) categories.
• Must have ‘North East’ listed on racing licence.
• Riders wanting to be considered for selection need to have registered their interest by 30th March 2016.
• Riders will, where appropriate, be expected to attend Club Clusters of Training and any specific IRC training sessions.
• Selection shall be entirely at the discretion of the Team Manager & Coach.
• Selection must be completed by Monday 4th July 2016.
More specific criteria for individual disciplines is as follows:
• The best TEAM will be selected, it may not be the 4 fastest riders, but we need to ensure the team will work together on and off the bikes.
• Be prepared to be a role model for younger riders within the region.
• Give reasons why you want to race for the North East – Assessed from application form.
• What skills will they bring to the team, both on and off the bike?
• Race results April, May and early June: No specific races targeted as all riders have different calendars and yearly race targets.
• All entrants will be assessed on their personal race calendars. We will look at BC site for all entrants to view races attended, positioning and ask riders to prepare a brief race summary for key races entered during April, May and early June and submit this as part of the selection process.
- The best team will be selected, therefore performance at track omniums will be observed, including attitude and commitment and not based solely on results. The team must work together to gain the best result for the region at the IRC.
- Participation in track leagues and show evidence of continued development.
- Be a role model for younger riders in the region.
- Why do they want to represent the North East? From application form.
- What can they bring to the team both on and off the bike? From application form.
Selection may take into account specific criteria (such as performances at a defined event, or series of events) or general criteria (such as their application form, the need to create a balanced team to contest all the events at the Inter-Regional MTB Championships).
Attributes such as technical ability, attitude, team ethic, desire to represent the region and commitment to developing as a rider to compete at National Level will be taken on board during team selection. Assessment of these attributes will be reviewed in Club Clusters of Training (CCT) sessions, Regional Schools of Racing and Regional races.
Selections will not use an accumulated points system or National Rankings, but will take into account performances in following race series will be used considered in selection for each of the regional team;
• 2016 North East MTB Series (http://www.nexcmtb.com)
• 2016 Nutcracker MTB Series (http://www.nutcrackermtb.co.uk/)
• 2016 National MTB Cross Country Series (http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/nationalmtbxcseries)
• 2016 SXC Mountain Bike Race Series (http://www.sxc.org.uk)